Areas of Specialization:
- Writing – Books, Features & Articles
- Script writing for various print and electronic media, including audio-visual and internet
- Translation & compilation of books/ documents/ audio-visual presentations
With about twenty-three years of experience in print (for book-publishers & different departments) and about 18 years in television media, I can plan, make and execute media strategies for all types of businesses.
In electronic media I owe the experience of writing & directing Documentary and corporate films, audio-visual spots and informative programmes, whereas in prints, I’ve written features for various mediums; written and translated books and documents.
Recently, I’ve written content for a historical museum at Redfort, Delhi based on First World War and Jallianwala Bagh, titled “Yaaden Jalliyan” to commemorate contribution of Indian soldiers in WW1 and the tragedy of Jallianwala Bagh. The museum consists of various types of installations as well as audio-visuals and documentary films.
My first novel is “Smritiyaan” (स्मृतियाँ - Published by Prabhat Prakashan, released by Hon. Vice-President of India, Sri Hamid Ansari in July 2013; available at Flipkart, Amazon & other online stores.
Another novel, “Aatank ke Saye Mein” (आतंक के साये में) has also been released in the World Book Fair, February 2015 at Author’s Corner, Pragati Maidan by senior journalists duo Sri Ram Bahadur Rai ji & Sri Umesh Upadhyaya ji. It’s also available on Flipkart, Amazon and other online stores.
An informative book on the Government’s initiative “Startup India” titled, “Start up India- Shuru Karein Apna Karobar” (“स्टार्टअप इण्डिया- शुरू करें अपना कारोबार) (Hindi) for B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
Two more novels are in the pipeline, at production stage, to be launched soon.
In the field of audio-visuals, I specialize in delivering the final product taking care of conceptualization of the film to preparation of the script, directing the camera and editing, graphics etc.
I’ve so far written & directed documentary/corporate films, commercials, Audio-visual spots, and television programmes for many reputed organizations, departments and ministries of Govt. of India, such as, Films Division of India, NFDC, Doordarshan, Ministries of Home Affairs, Consumer Affairs, Food &PD, Health & Family Affairs, Science & Technology, Bureau of Police Research & Development, Vigyan Prasar, IGNOU (Gyan Darshan), National School of Open Schooling, to name a few.
For UNDP I owe an experience of making two documentaries on climate change and natural disasters, which were screened at various places in India, Pakistan, Bhutan & Nepal, and earned extensive appreciation. Both of these films were made bilingually in Hindi & English.
I’ve also undertaken the assignments of translation & Dubbing of various documentaries of BBC, TRANSTEL, Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, and one hour daily programme for TMG Enter Channel, a technology based channel for a period of more than one year.
I’ve also worked on more than 100 episodes of English subtitling for the tele-serial, ‘Kyunki Jina Isika Naam Hai…’, a Miditech production for UNICEF, which was telecast on Doordarshan’s National Network.
I’ve also written & directed a number of radio programmes for many, such as AIR, Ministry of Consumer, Food & PD, Vigyan Prasar, & so on. Radio-Series ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ has been a big hit, & was done in 19 languages.
I’ve also written jingles and title songs for many of my Audio-Visual productions.
In the field of publishing, I’ve written and translated books & documents for various publishing houses, as well as for many organization of repute, such as Tata McGraw Hills, UNAIDS, CDAC, NCERT, Prabhat Prakashan, B. Jain Publishers, R. Gupta’s Publishing House, and so on.
I also owe the experience of writing books on various subjects, such as Acupressure, Indian Constitution, Aroma Therapy, many Educational Guides; & compiled a series of miniature books on subjects like Sun-Signs, etc.
I’ve covered various subjects, like health, to technology, to social and environmental issues and so on.
Keeping the target audience in mind through the entire project is my basic style of preparing a film/ AV and/or a presentation.
Currently, writing scripts and content for two upcoming museums for Ministry of Culture (for Tagbin Services Pvt Ltd).
Work Experience in chronological order:
|Organization||Designation||Period||Details Job performed
|Tagbin Services Pvt. Ltd, Gurugram
|Writer||Till Date||Scripts and Content for various types of installations and Audio-Visuals for two upcoming Museums
(Ministry of Culture, GoI)
|Tagbin Services Pvt. Ltd, Gurugram
|Writer||January 2019||Scripts and Content for various types of installations and Audio-Visuals for a Museum “Yaad-e-Jallian” at Red Fort inaugurated by the PM on 23rd January, 2019
(Ministry of Culture, GoI)
|Till Date||Blogs and features
|Jagaran Sakhi, Sahitya Amrit, Punjab Kesari, Rashtriya Sahara, & other newspapers & magazines online news portals & blogs, like Yuva-Pravartak, Laghukatha.com etc.
|Writer/ Blogger||Till date||A number of features and short-stories on social issues and environmental issues|
|Multivarsity, Pune||Translator/ Content Writer (Hindi)||2001 till date||1. Various tech documents & scripts etc.
2. A text book on IT Education by Timothy J O’Leary & Linda I. O’Leary for the course of MS-CIT
3. Translation of IT and computer based educational material on regular basis.
|B. Jain Publishers||Writer||January to April, 2016
|Authored a book “Start-Up India -
Shuru Karen… Apna Karobar”
|Prabhat Prakashan||Translator||March 2016 to May 2016||“Reflections of a Surgeon”
By Dr. V. N. Srikhande
|McGraw Hills||Translator||February 2016||CSAT Guide
|Prabhat Prakashan||Author||Released in World Book Fair, 14th Feb 2015
|Wrote a novel “Aatank Ke Saye Mein”|
|Prabhat Prakashan||Translator||January 2015 to April 2015||“My Father –Sarat Chandra Bose”
By Sisir Chandra Bose
|Vitasta Publications||Translator||2014||Co-Translated a Bio-graphical book on the life of the Prime Minister, Sri Narendra Modi.
|Prabhat Prakashan||Author||Released on 13th July 2013
|Wrote a novel “Smritiyaan”|
|1. Dept. of Science: Textbook of Science of Class IX.
2. Dept. of Geography : Textbook of Geography of Class VI, IX & XI.
3. Dept. of Geography : Textbook of Practical Geography of Class XI.
4. Dept. of Science : Textbook of Science of Class X.
5. Dept. of Geography : Textbook of Geography of Class VII.
6. Textbook of Heritage Art & Crafts of Class XI for the year.
|B. Jain Publishers||Freelance Writer||2003-4||1. A series of miniature books on Zodiac Signs “A Few Words on…”
2. A Homeopathic Guide
|Spectrrum Communications||Writer-Director||January 2002 to August 2011||Various Documentary / Corporate Films, Audio-Visual Spots and Television and Radio Series.
Major Clients : UNDP, Films Division of India, NFDC, BPR&D, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs, Doordarshan, All India Radio, NIOS, IGNOU, Vigyan Prasar, UNICEF (through Miditech), Discovery & National Geographic Channel (through USL etc.)
|Yojna Magazine, Govt of India
|2002-3||Wrote features in Hindi|
|Ministry of I&B, Govt of India||Freelance Translator||2001||INDIA 2001 for Publications Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India.
|IGNOU (EMPC)||Hindi Script Writer & V/o Director||August 2001 to December 2001||20 episodes (10 each) of Transtel & BBC series for Dubbing in Hindi for Gyan Darshan Channel of IGNOU
|NCNL||Hindi Script Writer||April 2000 to August 2001||1. 1hr. Hindi Script for ‘e-Samvaad’, a Daily Program of TMG Enter channel. I was assigned to develop minimum 4 scripts a week.
2. Scripted 52 Episodes of ‘e-Gyan’ for Gyan Darshan Channel
3. Scripted and prepared various other audio-visual projects for the organization.
|Translation & Writing Assignments
|Discovery Channel||Freelance Translator||-do-||1. House Journal “INDIA EDUCATOR”
|B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi||Freelance Translator and Writer||July 1995 to March 2000||2. Translated 4-volume encyclopedia on Acupressure, by American Author Michael Blate.
3. Translated “Fruit & Juice Therapy” by Dr. S. S. Saha.
4. Translated “DRUG ADDICTION & Its Cure” by Dr. S. S. Saha.
5. Compilation and editing of ‘FAMILY HOMOEOPATHIC GUIDE’, (A brief Materia Medica).
6. Translated a complete Health Guide for children: “Bachchey Ka Swasthya, Aapke Haath”.
7. Translated “The Healing Touch” a Reiki book by American author William Lee Rand.
8. Translated “1001 Tips for Good Health” by the Editors of TIME LIFE SERIES, USA
9. Translated “REIKI” by US Authors, Bodo J. Boginski & Shalila Sharamon
10. Translated a 6- volume series related to different diseases, viz. Heart diseases, Arthritis, etc. by various American Authors
11. Translated “Love Signs”, by American best-selling author, Jeraldine Saunders
12. Authored a descriptive book on Acupressure, “G-Jo Acupressure”
13. Authored a book on “Aroma Therapy”, giving knowledge and uses of Aromatic Oils.
|R. Gupta Publications (Ramesh Publishing House)||Freelance Translator and Writer||-do-||14. Translated General Studies Guides for competitive exams
15. Translated a Guide for Law Entrance Exam
16. Authored a hand-book for students on Indian Constitution, “INDIAN CONSTITUTION”
17. Edited and Compiled Several Guides for Competitive exams
|Hind Pocket Books||Freelance Translator and Writer||-do-||18. Translated ‘EXPORT MANAGEMENT’, a text book of IIFT, by Prof.B. Bhattacharya
19. ‘JOY OF REIKI’ by Dr. Nalin & Renoo Nirula
20. “1998 - HOROSCOPE” by Bejan Daruwala
|Sahni Publications||Writer||-do-||21. Authored a complete book on Acupressure
|Prabhat Prakashan||Editor||-do-||22. Edited “NEITHER PUPPET NOR BUTTERFLY” by Mrs. Mridula Sinha
|Tata McGraw Hill||Translator and Writer||-do-||23. A text book on Internet by Manish Dixit
24. A book on General Studies for Civil Services Examinations
25. “Computing Essentials” by Timothy J O’Leary & Linda I. O’Leary
|Vivek Prakashan||Editor||-do-||26. Edited a Text book on “Public Administration” by Prof.S. R. Maheshwari
|Agam Kala Prakashan,
Excel Books & others
|Translator and Editor||-do-||27. Various small projects of Translation and Editing|
|Beginning of the professional career:
|M. L. Convent School, Allahabad||Additional Director||3rd September 1991 to 15th November 1993
|Work profile included general administration of the school, taking care of curriculum, as well as magazines and journals published by the institution.|